Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Steven Moffat won't be leaving "Doctor Who" as showrunner quite yet at the end of the upcoming series 10.
"I’ve got so much more time left on ‘Doctor Who," he said at a press roundtable during New York Comic Con on Friday. — I'm not just doing this Christmas, I'm doing next Christmas as well.”
Moffat's had a long run with the BBC series, where he began as a writer when it was revived in 2005 then took over as showrunner from Russell T. Davies in 2010. He'd previously been announced as handing over showrunning duties to Chris Chibnall ("Broadchurch") after the 10th season, which will start airing in April.
Full article here
Spring 2017 will see four books in a new range which sees the Doctor’s regenerations imagined in the style of Roger Hargreaves, creator of the Mr. Men.
These storybook mash-ups, written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves, combine the iconic storytelling of Doctor Who with the whimsical humour and design made famous by his father, Roger Hargreaves.
The first four released will be: Dr. First, Dr. Fourth, Dr. Eleventh and Dr. Twelfth.
Check out the details and the four amazing covers below!
Penguin Young Readers, a division of Penguin Random House is master publisher and will release twelve titles, one for each Doctor.
The first four titles are published in Spring 2017
Pre order here for
This Christmas, the Doctor teams up with a comic-book superhero in New York for a heroic special titled, The Return of Doctor Mysterio.
We also have a brand new image and a behind-the-scenes trailer to share.
The Return of Doctor Mysterio sees the Twelfth Doctor, as played by Peter Capaldi, teaming up with an investigative journalist, played by Charity Wakefield (Wolf Hall), and a superhero to save New York from a deadly alien threat.
Behind the scenes of the special
Behind the scenes of the special
Saturday, 23 April 2016
Finally. The BBC revealed the new companion to Peter Capaldi's Twelfth Doctor as Pearl Mackie. Her character is named Bill. WHO is Bill? We have a while to wait and see. Next year in fact. Unless this clip is from the Christmas episode this year?
What do we know about the new companion?
2. The character is called Bill.
3. Pearl Mackie is an amazing young talent from Brixton, South London and has most recently performed in the National Theatre's West End production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.
4. Coincidentally, Pearl has appeared in another BBC programme featuring doctors – the medical drama series Doctors!
5. Pearl also performs as a singer, a passion for music shared with Peter Capaldi. Maybe we’ll see a Doctor and companion duet!
6. Not that she’ll need to use these with the TARDIS’ Translation Circuit, but Pearl speaks French and Spanish – great skills for any traveller.
7. We all know the Doctor likes a dance, so Pearl’s moves may come in handy… She’s skilled in Ballet, Jazz, Period Dance and Tap!
8. Pearl honed her craft at Bristol's Old Vic Theatre School, the same school Samantha Bond trained at, aka Mrs Wormwood in Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures.
9. Pearl is a big fan of afros!
Friday, 22 April 2016
It's official – the BBC will reveal the identity of Jenna Coleman's successor this Saturday.The new Doctor Who companion will be unveiled at half time during the Everton v Manchester United FA Cup semi-final on BBC1.
The live edition of Match of the Day starts at 4:50pm with the game kicking off at 5:15pm, meaning fans should know who will be joining Peter Capaldi's Doctor in the TARDIS some time between 6pm and 6:15pm.
Monday, 21 March 2016
The new Doctor Who companion has been cast – and according to Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman's replacement could be announced very soon...
"There will be a new companion, along any minute," said Capaldi, "which I'm very excited about, 'cause obviously I know who that is and we've been doing a bit of work together already and it's very exciting. Because it's a very different sort of take on it."
"Clara had prior knowledge of the Doctor," Capaldi told Brazilian website Omelete. "It was conceived as a human connected to your timeline, and so had access to the cosmic nature of the Doctor. She understood a little about how he was. And as she was already with [Eleventh Doctor] Matt [Smith], she knew the Daleks and the TARDIS. Now we have someone who knows very little about the Doctor."