Sunday 1 July 2018

New Composer For New Chibnall Era

Hi everyone. My apologies for the lack of posts since the end of 2017. The reason being, I had a major issue with my laptop which took some time to get fixed and also with personal issues which are now all sorted. I have missed updating this Doctor Who blog during the last 7 months and I will keep The Gallifrey Chronicles upto date more frequently. Thank you - Cerys x

Now, onto the WHO stuff.

I won't be adding information that I have missed because, you have most likely caught up with what has been released via other Doctor Who blogs.  Therefore, I will recommence with presently released news.

 

First off, when will Series 37 / 11 air? The BBC have not given an official airdate for Jodie Whittaker's full series debut. However, it is expected to air in the Autumn, and is likely to be mid- September. The opening episode will be an extended one at 65 minutes and the remaining episodes will be 50 minutes in length as compared to the previous 45 minutes of previous series. There will be 10 episodes in total, unlike 13 episodes per series since Doctor Who returned. 

New Composer

Following the departure of former Doctor Who composer Murray Gold, the new and anticipated series' score will be composed by Segun Akinola who will bring in a fresh take on the Doctor Who theme, originally composed by Ron Grainer and brought to life by Delia Derbyshire). Segun said in a statement that he was "Absolutely thrilled to have landed the job with Doctor Who. Who is woven into the fabric of British  culture and recognised globally. I am absolutely thrilled to be given the privilege of working on such a beloved series and to bring my musical voice to it" 

No comments: