Described as the 'hottest ticket in town' - the first ever Doctor Who Prom took place at the Royal Albert Hall back in July 2008, selling out almost as soon as the tickets went on sale.
Presented by Freema Agyeman (aka Martha Jones), with a guest appearance by Catherine Tate (aka Donna Noble), this edited version of the concert features Murray Gold's music for the series, classical favourites on the themes of time and space and of course, the 'greatest' TV theme tune of all time.
Throughout the concert the music is accompanied by sequences from the series and Christmas specials, as well as a host of monsters and aliens, including the Doctor's oldest enemies - the Daleks and Cybermen!
Interactive viewers will also be able to enjoy highlights today via the Red Button on television, and an uncut version from 11th January 2009. The uncut version will also be available as streaming video here on the website from 12th January 2009.
- Murray Gold Concert Prologue* (3 mins)
- Copland Fanfare for the Common Man (3 mins)
- Murray Gold All The Strange Strange Creatures* (4 mins)
- Mark-Anthony Turnage The Torino Scale (UK premiere) (4 mins)
- Holst The Planets - Jupiter (8 mins)
- Murray Gold The Doctor Forever* (4.30 mins)
- Murray Gold Rose* (1.30 mins)
- Murray Gold Martha v The Master* (4.30 mins)
- Murray Gold Music of the Spheres (including theme original)* (7.30 mins)
- Wagner Die Walküre - The Ride of the Valkyries (5 mins)
- Murray Gold The Daleks & Davros* (8 mins)
- Murray Gold Donna, Girl in Fireplace, Astrid* (4 mins)
- Prokofiev 'Montagues and Capulets' from Romeo and Juliet (5 mins)
- Murray Gold This is Gallifrey* (3.30 mins)
- Murray Gold Doctor's Theme / Song for Freedom * (5.30 mins)
- Murray Gold Doomsday* (5 mins)
- Murray Gold Song for Ten* (4 mins)
- Murray Gold Doctor Who Theme* (1.30 mins)