Tuesday 25 November 2008

Jamie Bamber would be scared of Who role

Jamie Bamber has admitted that he would be too scared to play the Doctor, as he thinks that taking over from David Tennant as the Time Lord would be a "daunting" project.

The actor, who is best known for his role in Battlestar Galactica, told DigitalSpy that he feels David Tennant's shoes would be very big ones to fill.

"If I'm going to be honest it would be very daunting to take on an icon like Doctor Who," he revealed. "It's right at the core of British television and to take that on is a big challenge.

"I think it's a very enviable one for whoever gets it, but I'm not actively seeking it. I think I'm too scared to actually want it."

But despite his fears, Bamber confirmed that he was a huge fan of the show growing up.

"I was a huge fan of Doctor Who as a kid, as I think every kid my generation was. It was the only compulsory viewing as a young boy in this country."

Bamber is currently filming ITV1's Law and Order: UK alongside Freema Agyeman.

(whovianet.com)

No comments: