Friday 19 July 2013

Matt Smith Exit wasn't an easy decision

Speaking at Entertainment Weekly's 'Brave New Warriors' panel at Comic-Con 2013 in San Diego, Matt Smith has admitted that it was not "an easy decision" to leave the show.
Actor Matt Smith attends the Entertainment Weekly's Brave New Warriors panel during Comic-Con International 2013 on July 18, 2013 in San Diego, California 

Smith described his time on Who as a "privilege", adding: "But I think, when you gotta go, you gotta go." He continued: "It wasn't an easy decision to come to, but I don't know… you can't play it forever."Will he continue to watch Doctor Who once he has left, "absolutely". "I'm a big fan of the show as well as being in it," he said. "The show will get bigger and better and just keep going - and I'l follow it and they'll get a brilliant actor to replace me.It carries on - it's lovely, you're part of a legend that doesn't die."With the constant speculation for the Doctor to regenerate in to a woman, Matt joked: I feel like I already know how it ends. There's a golden light, open a TARDIS, put my arms out... and then I turn into a woman!"

No comments: