The latest SFX Special is now on sale and it’s a cornucopia of CG eye-candy as we delve into the world of computer generated special FX. Here’s some of the goodness that awaits you:
* An exclusive cover image designed specially for SFX by the Doctor Who FX team at The Mill (reprinted inside word-free – it seemed a shame to waste it!)
* A free 28-page supplement on the special FX of Doctor Who season four, with many exclusive pics.
* A rare interview with Mamoru Oshii about his CG update of the classic Ghost in the Shell
* The complete history of CGI in the movies
* A massive profile on Pixar, creators of Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and WALL-E
* Behind-the-scenes FX features on some the biggest, recent SF and fantasy movies, including Iron Man, Transformers, The Golden Compass and Speed Racer (in features never printed in SFX before).
* The FX of Primeval
* And (long-time readers of SFX might get a thrill out of this one) an old feature makes a return as we ask Isn’t It About Time You Gave Jar Jar Binks Another Chance (and no, we don’t just have a spread saying, "No!")
It’s in the shops now for just £5.99 and comes in a swanky slip case. Go on, you know you want to!